How to Write a Radio Ad Script
Radio Ad Scripts
The script for your radio ad should be simple and include one primary message. Make sure not to confuse the listener with too many messages otherwise you run the risk of them not remembering anything. It is important to mention as much as you can about what you are advertising in the radio ad script and not to waste it with needless waffle.
Radio Ad Script Tips
- Place the thing you are advertising at the start or finish of the ad (both if possible but if you have to choose one part go for the end as it’s the last thing a listener will remember).
- Create a picture in the listeners mind. The beauty of radio is that the listener creates their own experience and images in their mind.
- Use emotions. Make use of something that will evoke a happy emotion, to associate with your product, in your radio ad. It could be the sound of bacon frying or a baby giggling as long as it’s relevant.
- Use multiple voice over artists to help add light and shade to your radio ad.
- Remember to give out a contact method once (but preferably twice if time will allow).
- Finally, one radio ad, one radio message. Keep it simple!